Saturday, February 25, 2012

Liz Day


Today is an international day of celebration, feasting and thanksgiving because we are each invited to share with in the festivities surrounding the natal day of my granddaughter Liz, formerly known as Paige. Where once we had Paige Day, now that she is older and has created her own stage persona, we celebrate "Liz Day formerly known as Paige Day."


Liz is an aspiring actor. The acting bug has bit her hard. I've never seen anyone so happy as she is on stage. Last fall she was Annie in her school production of Annie Jr. Annie was soon followed by the second lead in Harriet and Walt.

Each summer Paige spends a week at our house. She getting to that middling age where spending a summer week at grandpa's is beat. I understand, that this is a phase, but I'm not taking it sitting down. A local theater company offers week long acting/dancing/singing classes for aspiring superstars, so for her birthday present I've signed her up. Hopefully, summer at grandpa's this year will be remembered as not so boring this year.

She the love of my life, I'm very proud of her, and looking forward to making most merry on this fine day.

Happy Birthday angel.




10 comments:

Shelley said...

I would love to think I brought at least half as much pleasure to my Grandpa as your Liz, formerly known as Paige, does to you. You are indeed blessed.

Clara Walmsley said...

Adorable. My daughter Virginia called herself Binky
for an entire year when she was 9. We went along with it as best we could. She is now , thank heavens, back to
Virginia. Paige is a lovely name so I hope she takes it back, but Liz is glamourous and so appropriate for an aspiring actress.

Suburban Princess said...

Happy Birthday Liz! I know all of your wishes will come true!

Anonymous said...

What Shelley said, times two!

-Flo

Gail, in northern California said...

Rest assured, Toad, she will look back on those days with Grandpa as some of the happiest of her life. Without question.

LPC said...

So cute. Both how much you love her and the little star herself. Let's hear it for redheads! (says the mother of one...)

Pink Benny said...

Grandpas (and grandmas) with foresight sometimes get free tickets and great seats to Broadway shows that feature one of their relatives ! [It happened last autumn to a friend of mine] Break a leg Liz!!!

Toad said...

PB, I hoping she's my retirement plan

Pink Benny said...

Sorry, Toad; actors are seldom good with money [from a financial planner with 36 years expeirence with such species]. Better set your sights a bit lower....4th row center....opportunity to go backstage afterwards and see other well-known actors.....and then off to restaurant Imperial Number 9 for a meal to die for, paid for by a wannbe who has the $$$ to be 'friends' with an actor.

Toad said...

Curses