Thursday, January 12, 2012

My Christmas kicks have arrived


Have I mentioned my bride despises my Albert slippers? She finds them effeminate, and nothing I can or do say is likely to change her mind. Over time she has become less vocal about it, unless or until another pair arrives. My Christmas present to myself arrived yesterday which once again opened the floodgates.

I was unsure how they would turn out. Of course, I had a photo of the swatch recommended by Shaun and Mike of Broadlands Slippers, but heaven only knows where the colors my monitor shows and reality coincide.


I love them, out of the box they just felt perfect. Today, they are my favorite pair, although that hasn't kept me from thinking about my next. With an 10 week lag from inspiration to delivery, mayhaps something for spring would be in order. Linen? Available for boys and girls, tell 'em I said hi.

Toad

7 comments:

notanymore said...

Toad,

A) Your christmas kicks are awesome. I just got a new pair of LL Bean camp mocs myself.

B) Heartily approve of the choice of banner image, my good man. Lord Grantham looks serious, and as he should, for Downton Abbey is very serious business indeed.

(I have seen both Series, but not yet viewed the Christmas special... Series 3 will be far too long in coming, I am sure.)

Linda McMullan said...

Love those kicks! Makes me crave a good glass of port, for some reason...

Anonymous said...

Very nice Toad. They look good on you.

ms. mindless said...

Now I am really dying for a pair!

Main Line Sportsman said...

Not with those pants anyway....

Karena said...

Toad I love your new Albert slippers! The plaid is perfect!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Toad said...

Main line you are right about the pants.

Thank you all. It's worth the background noise just to wear them.