Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Seven

Remember the Seinfeld episode where George told Susan he wanted to name his future son 7? Well I have a granddaughter named Seven, and today is her birthday.

We met Seven, on the weekend Mrs. T and I were married. Her given name is Katie, and since we have a lot of Katie's, I told her for the weekend instead of calling Katie and getting lots of answers, I would call a number in age order of whom I wanted, her number was 3.

She quickly put me in my place by letting me know in no uncertain terms that she was 7, not 3. So, she has been 7 ever since.
The young lass is a sweetheart, a tease, and the sun that lights our family's sky.

As we say around birthday time:
HBD2U
HBD2U
HBDD7
HBD2U
With lots of love,
Toad

3 comments:

ms. mindless said...

i wouldn't expect you not to have a spunky granddaughter. it just wouldn't be right. i hope she has a special day. and, what did you give her?

Dumbwit Tellher said...

I adore her smile- Happy Birthday to dear Seven. What a lovely story ~

ADG said...

Nothing better than these young'uns to keep us grounded and not taking ourselves too seriously. I just shared the same sentiment with Kathie over at Hillbilly...re the birth of her little grand gal.

ADG